aka.ms/yourpc – Link Your Phone to Computer
Users can connect their smartphone to a PC using the fantastic Microsoft feature. Your smartphone can now be access directly from your PC. Link your devices to your Windows PC using the aka.ms/yourpc functionality to view and respond to text messages, make and receive calls, and more.
If you have a Samsung, Windows, or Android phone, you can use this website to create a clone of your phone so you can use the mobile on a larger screen. Aka.ms/yourpc essentially creates a copy of your phone. It can be difficult to keep track of everything and sync all of your data for accessibility with the variety of devices that each user has.
Features of aka.ms/yourpc
- Gallery and OneDrive: Keep your memories secured across devices. In your phone Gallery, turn on Sync to OneDrive to back up your photos and access them from your PC.
- Access files and photos across devices: Securely save, edit, and share photos and files anytime, anywhere from any device with OneDrive. Start with 5 GB of free cloud storage.
- Sync your life: Link your smartphone to view and reply to text messages, make and receive calls, and more—all right on your Windows PC with Microsoft Phone Link:
- Messages: Reply to texts with a keyboard or answer calls using the headset already synced to your PC. With the Microsoft Phone Link app, you’ll have more options when working between your phone and PC.
- Calls: Answer calls using the headset already synced to your PC. With the Phone Link app, you’ll have more options when working between your phone and PC.
- Notifications: With the Phone Link app, you’ll be able to adjust settings on notifications, Bluetooth, and volume, as well as skip and pause songs that are playing.
What are the tasks perform by pairing your Android to your PC ?
- Make and receive calls from your PC.
- Drag files between your PC and Phone and share the files by emails.
- Copy and paste content between your PC and phone.
- Access your favorite mobile apps on your PC.
- Read and reply to text messages on your PC.
How to Link your Phone with Windows PC?
Following are the steps to link phone whether you are starting from PC Or Phone-
- Open a browser on your mobile device, type aka.ms/yourpc in the browser, and then download the Link to Windows app.
- Now you’ll be prompt to open Link to Windows instead, which is already install on your device.
- Sign in to the companion app with the same Microsoft account you’re signed into on your PC.
- After signing in, you’ll be prompted to scan a QR code that’s displayed on your PC.
- Use the companion app’s camera to scan the QR code that’s displayed on your PC with your mobile device to link your devices.
- You’ll be ask for a series of device permissions to allow you to access content from your phone and on your PC.
- Launch the Settings app by pressing the Win & I keys together.
- In the left pane of the Settings window, click on the Bluetooth & devices.
- Click on the Open Your Phone button under the Your Phone section.
- Sign in to your aka.ms/yourpc account or if you don’t have any account then create one.
- Click the Get started button.
- Check the checkbox corresponding to the option I have the Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows app ready.
- Then click on the button Pair with QR code. Now, wait while your Windows generate a QR code for you.
- On the next page, you will get a QR code. Aim your phone at the QR code to scan the QR code.
- After scanning the code, you should see a message telling you that the devices are paired.
- Tap Continue on your phone. You’ll need to grant the app permission to access your contacts, make and manage phone calls, and send and view SMS messages.
- Hit the Done button. Now let’s get back to your Windows. You will get the You’re all set! message here.
What are benefits of Pairing both devices Android and PC ?
- Get calls and make calls easily.
- Get notifications and send messages and also receive the messages.
- You can take a advantage of big screen.
- More storage.
- Save the pictures of your phone in your PC safely.